Monday, November 5, 2007

Little Miss Attitude...


Well,Jayden is on her way to feeling better.She is off to school today after missing all last week.Back to our regular meds this week.I think that's why Jayden has a new attitude.She hates taking all that medicine.Being sick just made a bad situation worse.She holds the medicine in her mouth,then turns her head sideways and spits it out.Or,she holds it in her mouth,then chokes on the stuff.She has a delayed swallowing reaction.So the medicine sits at the back of the throat and she forgets that it is there...Not good!She sometimes breathes the stuff right in the lungs.This is another cause for pneumonia.She has been very vocal as well.She screams at me.She looks as though she is asking me why I wanna keep hurting her.She wiggles,and slaps.I can't imagine what it would be like if she was bigger.She is so strong at 23lbs when she is trying to get away from me.Thank goodness for in homecare workers.We are gonna need all the help we can get.Marit,her teacher at daycare,said she became very independent today.Wouldn't let anyone feed her.Kept hitting the utensils away.It is good she wants to do it herself.Not so good though when she needs your help,and you can't get near her.That's why we gave her the nickname,"Little Ms. Attitude."

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good for Jayden! I am glad she's feeling better. A little attitude can sometimes be a good thing. All the same, sometimes I am glad that Ben has a g-tube - it certainly makes it easy to give him medicine!